Friday, February 8, 2013

Painters Day Out


 My Mom's an artist you know. Those of us who worked for her, painting for the slate business... we call ourselves "The Painters". Really snazzy. So yesterday a small portion of "the painters" got together for a full day of painting our own stuff. Oil paints are so messy. Oh man, when toddlers get into oil paints it is just a nightmare. It stains clothing and, it is just really bad. You kind of block it from your memory. So, no children, just adults and paint yesterday. Therapeutic.
A few weeks ago the painters were out for lunch, that is when we planned our painting day. Almost immediate were the groans, "What am I going to paint?" For me it can be a painful process... deciding what to paint, then there is the actual painting part.... I get nervous... like I feel shaky before I begin. Take a few deep breaths  and then dive in. And it was hard! You have to decide when the painting is done. The critics might disagree with you. Then when you hang the painting on your wall, it's like your heart is on your sleeve. It's hard to take criticism when you as the artist actually get the final say. What I am trying to say is that for me it feels very personal.




Angie is working on a... coffee something painting.    


 My best friend the artist. I try to not be jealous. The talent level here is ridiculous. Her work takes my breath away. 


 Mom was doing an indigo bunting. 

 Heather painted some ABC paintings. 





So we all had a good day. We laughed. We watched you tube clips about art. 
Soup and salad for lunch. Bread, brownies. Lots of coffee. 


 Mia was at the eye doctor the other night. She needs new lenses like more than once a year.
 My Mom did this display in her living room. Very cute. She painted on canvas that you can stick on your wall.  Then she cut it out. Fun.





12 comments:

  1. Wow, love it all, sad to have missed it. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings look amazing....i should have stayed a little longer. Eva is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And... I should have gotten a picture of your painting. Send me one. You should paint a donut to go beside the coffee. Ha ha. Love you.

      Delete
  3. The paintings look great. I love Becky's painting of Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are crazy amazing!! In my dreams I am a painter. In real life I have never painted a single picture. :) But I am SO intrigued with painters and artists. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, seriously jealous. Would have loved to join you.....with a canvas. Did you mention you drank coffee too? Love both the paintings. And Heathers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine and Yvonne, we missed you both! Marlisa, Darisa, next time we need more of the painters to represent!

      Delete
    2. Emily and Heidi too... you guys were missed!!

      Delete
  6. Your painting is gorgeous! It is great to see the picture of your work in progress. Sometime I'd love to sit and watch you work. I agree, Becky is an amazing artist! -CZ

    ReplyDelete