Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December

I was sneaking away to the office to do some crafting. Using what I have. Old pillowcase, stray board. 


The electrician fixing his own service. Thanks to the dog. 


Early in the morning on the same day that the dog ripped the Internet/ phone line off the house, the electrician was caught rubbing said dog behind her ears. He later said many unkind things about her. 

Happy. Applesauce is made. 

Run to the store and gather the ingredients to make Beef Bourguignon. It might change your life. If you serve it with mashed potatoes make sure that you cook your potatoes long enough before you try to mash them, especially if your mother in law is coming for Sunday dinner.


Bless the person who sent that copper mug to goodwill. Do you ever wonder how stuff ends up there? Most homedecor  stores have mugs like this on their shelves right now... So?


Stuart got his very first professional haircut. He was not thrilled but I think he will go back without a fight. 


14 years





My Mom is always knocking it out of the park with her decorations at the Harrisburg Christmas show. 








2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog, thru someone else. I always enjoy reading it. I enjoy your honesty and how you don't make life seem all perfect. :) I was wondering what kind of wine you used in the beef recipe. I am not very familiar with wines, so I need specifics. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I have found cooking with wine to be very forgiving and I always use whatever I have on hand. For this recipe I have been using 3 cups of chicken broth and one cup of cooking wine. One time it was sherry that I had on hand. I'd say pretend you know what you are doing and it should be fine!

      Delete