Tuesday, August 21, 2018

She Tips her Head Marveling


While I was driving yesterday (to the beach) I noticed that Olive was almost 5.  It's a favorite age of mine and she is slipping into it. Her head was tipped and she was thinking brilliant thoughts.




It dawned on me while the children were up here singing (church park night) that I have my own little children's choir that I have longed for. Wow, that took me long enough.

zucchini relish
when will my children learn to like stuff like this


The drive home from girls camp






It's been on my long list of things to do, to take Ellie out for lunch. The day of her birthday seemed like a good option. Nate was able to meet us and we picked Tosco thinking she would order pasta. She surprised us by ordering broccoli soup. We told her about the bread bowl and we also talked her into the shrimp so that we could have some. 





The year of ordering everyone's birthday cake is lovely. Ellie picked this wonderful fruit cake from the Country Fare. 

Soft blanket








Biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast. Hank was struggling because he was expecting jelly on his biscuits when I dumped gravy over them. 






2 comments:

  1. Oh I love biscuits and gravy! Now if only there was a way to make it healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struck by Ellie's dimples! So pretty :) Also I am quite taken with your biscuits - they look tall and flaky. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete