Friday, December 14, 2012

Chocolate Pretzel Bark





1 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 10oz bag mini pretzle sticks
2 cups chocolate chips
white chocolate
sprinkle of sea salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat butter and sugar in a saucepan until boiling. Cook on medium for 2 - 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
Set aside.
Line an 11x14 inch pan with parchment paper. Line up pretzels in a single file as best as you can. Pour sugar butter mixture over the pretzels and pop into the oven for 8 minutes.
Pull the pan out of the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Return to oven for 3 minutes. Pull the pan out and spread the chocolate all around.
Sprinkle with sea salt to taste. This depends on the saltiness of your pretzels as well. Be careful.
Melt white chocolate in the microwave on 50% power until smooth. Drizzle over the Pretzel bark. Allow all of this to cool. You want the chocolate completely solid again. I put mine in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. 
As if this wasn't enough fun all ready! Now you get to break it apart and share with your friends. They will call you blessed. Just like I called Yvonne when she introduced me to this stuff. It was on my list to make for this Christmas.
Store in air tight container.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe this sounds wonderful! I want to make some for my family Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fun. i just made that earlier this week to hand out to the neighbors.it looks like the same recipe. Missed you tonight. dz

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, yes. Sign me up! I think my aunt made this with saltines - the recipe looks very similar. I think she also put peanut butter in one batch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my 'list' of things for next week. Looks good! :) Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made this for a snack for after our church is done caroling tonight, it is a hit here at our house! Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe:)Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe...I'm making it right now. It looks so good. ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for you. It's fun to make. And then even more fun to eat!

      Delete
  7. The color in those photos is even better than the candy, which looks very good! - CZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it brown sugar or white sugar? Crystal

    ReplyDelete