Saturday, September 17, 2016

Things We Do


On buying men's shirts.

It's been a while since I went after the real deal. I had just been picking up shirts here in there for Nate that had a general size. However this particular mission I was on required me to find a neck size a sleeve length size. The shirt needed to be no iron. Athletic fit. When I finally found a shirt like this it had no pocket. I had promised Nate that it would have a pocket so that he would know where to put his pitch pipe. It was probably a miracle that I did find this exact shirt that I needed. It would be nice to have two for chorus tour and wouldn't you know the shirts were buy one get one for a dollar. There was not a second one to be seen. So I bought a second one that was a close fit but it wasn't quite right and I  hunted one down and drove 45 minutes to get it, I didn't mind the excuse to get to Park city though. So I think we've done it I think Nate is fully outfitted for this chorus season. I did have to return one pack of black socks one pair of black pants and 3 white shirts. Thankfully I ran into the nicest people at the customer service desk's and also I didn't have to drag him along to the store! If I get out in a date night the last thing I want to do is be stuck by the dressing room. 

Equipper's Institute.

Last Saturday we attended a Seminar put on by Keystone. The main speaker with 2 sermons was I can't think of his name (Frank Reed) but he is rather old and he loves Anabaptist history. Thinking.... I almost have it. I can picture him! ah. He was great and made the day totally worth it.

Nate took a class on Moral Purity and I think it was in this class that the speaker addressed talking to your children on a regular basis about the dangers of s**ual predators including their friends and family... I'm not sure if that is the term he used but I think he stressed keeping this communication open with your kids. What a good reminder.

I took a bunch of classes on being a Mom and one was on kindness, delightful! ( Although this lady seemed to recommend giving other people the right away at a 4 way stop as a kind gesture.  To be honest I don't really like when people do that. If they would just go when it's their turn it would speed things along for everyone. Just my opinion. Merging traffic yes. Four way stops? No.)










I ordered Piper the dog a pink collar because we were starting to get the dogs mixed up. If you see Olive barefooted this fall it's because Piper chewed up all of her shoes! We are ready for her to be more calm like Harley. 
Harley (and Nate) are expecting puppies in October so if anyone wants a pretty red lab pup for Christmas let us know. 



East end days tractor pull. I might have to get Nate some suspenders and a lawnmower. (You thought I was going to say pipe) 

Singing for their Great Grandma. 


Stuart got stung by a swarm of yellow jackets on Labor Day. One went in his ear. Poor guy! The next morning he woke up and looked like so. I was so surprised to hear him say that he didn't want to go to school. Then I saw his face. Once I told him that he could go I thought he seemed relieved.

Nate spraying the still angry wasps. 

$.50 frostys at Wendy's. Cooler temps have us cruisin in the wagon again.


Funny Story you should read on Cup of Jo. 

Iceland is on my bucket list. I feel like it's on everyone else's too (because look Scott Kelby went) but then when I tell people it seems like it might be an odd place.
Look at pictures from Iceland!   Edited to add:(it was even on my bucket list before Hans Mast went)

Margo's Tomato Pie that she makes in the crock pot looks so good but I hate to think of making this for myself only so I had a grilled cheese with tomato and basil yesterday instead. I love the name Margo. 





2 comments:

  1. My sister has Iceland high on her bucket list too and she didn't even know SK went!! (i did, though) I'd like to go as well. :) :) I want to go because Trey Ratcliff went. kidding, kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm related to Frank Reed!
    And I agree with you about 4-way stops. There are other ways to be kind - I'm also a bit of an impatient driver.

    Thanks for the compliments on my name!! But if you do make the pie, you can have a piece for breakfast each day for however many days. Soooooo good. I did make it in the oven now that the weather cooled down.

    ReplyDelete