Sunday, June 8, 2014

New Paintings

 My sister in law Dorcas sent me a link to this owl project. I showed it to Mia and she was totally into it. It might have helped that I had been painting the day before...




 To order a canvas this large online, they charge $120 for the shipping. Per package of 3. 
I headed to the art store with my 40% off coupon. Much cheaper.
I was pretty much out of my oil paints and had to stock up on those, ouch.
What this did however was put a real fire under my behind to get some paint on the canvas. Can't be wasteful now.


 Part way through, I flipped it upside down so that I could hit the top of it better.
 




Baby Cakes who is such a good baby. Teething and all.

7 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! I've only ever used pastels and watercolor paints, now I really want to try oil paints! The colors are dreamy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty!! I'll take one just like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can hardly stop looking at that painting. and mia's owl painting, so cute!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting is lovely! Makes me want to paint again, it's been years.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely! Poor baby!:) Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I wish I was that creative :)

    ReplyDelete