Monday, June 16, 2014

White Whoopie Pies


My Dad's favorite whoopie pies are white ones. With white frosting. His Mom made them that way so, you know how that goes. I like them every bit as much as chocolate ones and even Nate is coming around. 



White Whoopie Pies
2c sugar
1c Crisco 
cream together and then add
2 eggs
Beat until fluffy
Mix together
5c flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
add alternately with 
1 c buttermilk (regular milk w/ 1 T vinegar)
2 tsp vanilla 
Mix slowly until smooth
Dissolve
2 tsp baking soda into
1 c hot water
Add to mixture until smooth. 
Drop on cookies sheets Bake at 400 degrees 8-10 min
Marshmallow Filling
1 c Crisco
2c 10x sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Dash salt
3-4 tsp milk
1 c marshmallow cream


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I could gain a hundred pounds looking at that recipe! It sounds delicious! Here in texas they have moon pies. I bet the whoopie pies are better!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I can not wait to make these!! I am not a chocolate lover and have always wanted something like this. My mouth is watering already! :) Too bad I only have about 1 cup of flour in the house or I might make them for breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete